Bourne & Hollingsworth are looking for a cycling enthusiast freelance project manager for a fixed term to join our team working on Cycle Revolution Festival, a new lifestyle festival brand developed in May 2017, and The Tweed Run celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.
The role is a mix between selling exhibition spaces for Cycle Revolution, managing the programming for the day along with sourcing entertainment and working closely with the marketing team to sell sponsorship and corporate hospitality packages for both brands. The ideal candidate will have a passion and therefore inherent knowledge of the cycling industry, thus being able to curate an attractive line up of exciting brands at all levels to take part.
Each event already has a fixed format so the candidate would be looking to find new revenue streams and grow both brands.
About Tweed Run and Cycle Revolution Festival
The Tweed Run, the UK’s most coveted and highly anticipated cycle ride is a fabulously quirky event where participants don their finest tweeds and brogues and cycle through London. Over the last decade, The Tweed Run has grown from a small guerrilla gathering to an event that has captured the imagination of the fashion world and cycling enthusiasts around the globe.
Celebrating the lifestyle of cycling, Cycle Revolution is an all-day al fresco event that launched as a satellite to The Tweed Run in May 2017. Cycle Revolution Festival was designed for Londoners who find themselves cycling to work more and enjoy the culture and fashion surrounding cycling. For the launch of Cycle Revolution, we created a village of pop-up shops, selling everything from beautiful hand crafted leather bags and bicycle accessories, to jewellery stores and home accessories, all set to the back-drop of vinyl DJs, games, workshops, talks, street food, cocktails and cycle-centric entertainment.
BY BOURNE & HOLLINGSWORTH
To inspire creativity, pleasure and happiness.
To produce highly influential and creative hospitality* through the curation of beautiful spaces and fascinating events that bring together like minded people for an exceptional experience delivered with a laid-back professionalism that is unquestionably B&H.
Beautiful creativityMemory making servicePassionately knowledgeableHonest family work ethicEntrepreneurial spirit*Hospitality means eating and drinking venues and entertaining productions.
THE ROLE: MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE
To devise and manage the line-up and sponsorship programs for Cycle Revolution Festival and The Tweed Run.Work alongside the production team to produce an entertaining and well managed event, looking after exhibitors and appealing to the cycling community in London and beyond.
To achieve target sponsorship and event income set and find new revenue streams.
You would work closely with the marketing and operations team ensuring that the brands vision,mission and values are adhered to and the event is executed to the highest standard.
• Managing the programming for Cycle Revolution Festival, which includes but is not limited to:sourcing influential lifestyle cycling brands and selling them an exhibitor stand at the event,identifying key characters within the cycling community to give talks or workshops, selling sponsorship of the event to likeminded brands.
• Overseeing both brands sponsorship strategy, lead generation and meeting with prospective clients
• Sell sponsorship and exhibition opportunities to new brands, in keeping with the company's ethos.
• Prepare exciting and creative sponsorship proposals for all levels of the events in line with the marketing team for Cycle Revolution and Tweed Run, maximising profit and revenue for both brands.
• Share sales and sponsorship knowledge and expertise to inform marketing strategy
• Manage entertainment for the festival and working closely with the production team on feasibility and budget expectations.
• Liaise with the operations teams regularly to ensure sponsor and partner satisfaction pre,during and post event on deliverables according to contract.
• See the event through to completion and work with the operations team. Contributing to planning and drawing up event plans.
• In line with the marketing team, develop an attractive corporate hospitality package to sell to new and existing clients.
• The candidate should have an inherent knowledge of the cycling community and the target audience for Cycle Revolution (they might even be the target audience).
• In line with the above, excellent professional network in the cycle industry.
• An enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
• A natural and confident communicator, with a good attention to detail in internal and external communication. You will have the ability to think creatively and outside of the box.
• In line with the above, an ability to read people well and deliver a concise pitch.
• Having proven experience in fast turnarounds and client management is also key. It’s also important you are aware of the latest trends within the industry and how these can be used to heighten product output.
• A knowledge of sales, marketing or sponsorship