Salmon and Smoked Haddock Fish Cakes with Tomato Mayonnaise
Fish Cake Ingredients:
250g Smoked haddock fillets - deboned and skinned
250g Fresh salmon fillet, deboned and skinned
500g Mashed Potato, warm
50g Curly parsley, finely chopped
500Ml Semi skimmed milk
Ground white pepper
100g Plain seasoned flour
200g Fine white breadcrumbs
3 Whole eggs beaten together with a splash of milk
200Ml “Mellow Yellow” rapeseed oil
• Place the salmon and the smoked haddock in a suitably sized thick bottomed sauce pan and cover with the milk.
• Place the saucepan on the heat and bring the milk and fish to the boil.
• As soon as it comes to the boil remove from the heat.
• Allow the salmon and smoked haddock to cool in the milk to room temperature and drain off the milk.
• Flake the fish and add it to the warm mashed potato.
• Add the chopped curly parsley to the fish and potato mix.
• Shape the mixture into a rough cylindrical shape around 120g each
• Dip the fish cakes into the seasoned flour, then the beaten egg mix and finally into the breadcrumbs. Then sprinkle with some more breadcrumbs to ensure they are totally covered.
• Shallow fry the fish cakes in the rapeseed oil until they are golden brown on both sides.
• Place the fish cakes on to a piece of kitchen paper to remove any excess oil
Tomato Mayonnaise Ingredients:
100g Heinz tomato ketchup
100g “Mellow Yellow” Rapeseed oil Mayonnaise
Squeeze of lemon juice
• Mix all the ingredients together.